Monday, December 12, 2011

Army Ranger and past criminal record?

hi i plan on joining the Army in a year or two when i finish my degree in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice. I want to go 11B with Airborne School and RIP in my contract. One problem though, when i was 14 years old a friend and I were arrested for shop lifting at a thrift store. We were hand cuffed, finger printed and had our mugshots taken at the police station. Our parents came and picked us up after about 5 hours of being at the station, we didn't have to be bailed out and I don't even think I was charged with anything because it was so minor, I live in Chicago, my mother however told me that they said my record would be clean if I stayed out of trouble until my 17th birthday but she is often full of ****.



Right now I'm 20 years old, I'm in decent physical shape, I graduated high school with B average, and haven't been in any trouble other than that one incident in my whole entire life. In fact I actually thought that my record was clean until I tried applying for a security guard job which required me to get my finger prints taken for a Perk card. The employer ran my prints and told me that I was clear on with Illinois State Police but I wasn't with the FBI. I then called the Illinois state Police and they said that the FBI still has my prints from that one incident and that since it was a juvenile record they would have no problem getting it expunged.



but the thing that caused me to ask this question was today when my professor, who used to be a special agent, told the class that FBI never gets rid of records.



So I guess what I want to know is how will this effect my chances of getting the clearance required for the my desired MOS in the Army and also with future employment in the Law Enforcement community?Army Ranger and past criminal record?
hey i also am looking in to going to the army by the end of the year i also am looking in to going airborne ranger and after that i plan on going 11x your juvenile record should not be a problem if they didn't charge you all they have is your finger prints which might raise a flag but your recruiter should be able to take care of that but be sure to tell your recruiter up front any and every thing do not leave out any details maybe i will see you there

No comments:

Post a Comment