Sunday, November 21, 2010

Anyone out there a Social Worker?

I want to know little about the job, because right now, I really dont know where am going with my life. I like helping others and need to know little bit about the job. What you do, how it works, your typical day at the job, am really stuck right now and dont know what to do, I wanted to be in the FBI, but I have a family to think about, and was going for teaching but that just doesnt get to me, and with social worker I would be interested in helping with child abuse. How long is the going to school.

I would appreciate all the help.

Thanks.Anyone out there a Social Worker?
Sounds like a like cause, but be sure to check out the salary of the average Social Worker. I applaud you for your desire, I was once where you are now, but everything I read and everyone I talked to said I would be overworked and way under payed. Like less than Teachers under payed. Isn't that crappy, people take these jobs to change peoples lives and we pay them scrapes.Anyone out there a Social Worker?
I am. You need a 4 year degree to begin in case management. If you want to go further the only way to advance is to get a Master's Degree. In case management, which is where one typically starts out, it can be very hectic but very rewarding. The typical day is not very typical at all because every day is different. You have a lot of paperwork as a case manager, progress notes, service plans, assessments, referrals, etc. You have to report to the court and to the DCFS every six months and you generally have a large case load of 15- 20 kids. You are responsible for sibling visits, parental visits and sometimes visits with the family. You want the best for the kids but some of them have some very severe problems, which can stem from many different things. It is a very difficult job but when you see a kid succeed, it feels great. Hope this helps and if you want more information than that, let me know.
  • A deep purple duvet cover
  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment