Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's the best way to deal with online job scams?

Like a vast majority of people, I am looking for a job. When you place your resume online on a popular job site, you become a target for scams.

There are tons of them such as job of a middle man for goods, a job where you cash checks because they can't, and getting notices that the company considering you needs a background and credit check.

I just got an email dealing with the background check scam, like most people I been having little success in getting a call back. Background checks with no interviews, who does that?

I have seen them all and I wonder how many fall for them.

How reliable are those reports to BBC, FBI, and other internet fraud sites against these types of scams?

Even though I can just ignore them, I rather fight back, it's not like I'm that busy.What's the best way to deal with online job scams?
Try reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission. Look under internet or scams. It has been awhile since I was on their site, but it is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment