Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I get domestic violence expunged?

I have two arrests. Both are for domestic violence which I did not commit. The first one I received was from my wife, who was mad at me. I received a prayer for judgement. The second, was when we split up, she had me arrested , (lied again)... and did not show up for court, so the charges were dropped. I am trying to take a job with the FBI but because of these charges, I am having a hard time. I can not even get a gun permit, because of the arrests.... even though I did not get convicted.How can I get domestic violence expunged?
Having one charge dropped and the other ending in a prayer for judgment qualifies for expungement ( no guilty plea or verdict). The easiest ( but not the cheapest) way is to contact an attorney within the jurisdiction of the arrests. He can draw up your petition and submit it to the court in your behalf. A court appearance is usually not needed in this type of motion and you will be notified by mail of the decision. It will then take 4 to 6 months for the order to make it through the system, removing the arrest and court records as it circulates.



Please note however, that an expungement removes all records from public viewing. Those records are then secured in a sealed area that is accessible to law enforcement and the court system ( in case of a repeated offense during your lifetime).



Once the expungement order has removed all records, you can get your gun permit ( run a record's check in about 6 months to verify). If you apply for the FBI or any other law enforcement position, they WILL have access and see the expunged order and the original arrests. In those applications, you would need to state that you did have a circumstance occur but it has been expunged.



Best of luck and I hope this is useful to youHow can I get domestic violence expunged?
have more sex and you wont needsss to beat the **** outa peoples
You didn't commit them? Yeah ok, that's why you were arrested TWICE.



You don't deserve the oxygen you breathe if you feel the need to hit women.
wow that sucks! I know that if you get a speeding ticket and do community service it never goes on your record. Maybe you can ask a judge or something. I would think that after a certain amount of time this would go off your record... but not positive.
Beat a judge until he expunges it
Beat your wife until she tells the police that both allegations were fabricated.



BTW, is someone who makes an allegation an alligator?
even if it's expunged, you must report it to a federal employer. I'ts not supposed to make a difference, but we know it will as far as judgement. good luck to you. P.s, if you get the job, put a federal charge on her !

No comments:

Post a Comment