Friday, November 19, 2010

Can I reach a federal law enforcement job with this path?

The ones I'm interested in are FBI, Secret Service, U.S Marshals, DEA, etc...



Anyways, I'm 16, a sophomore in high school, and I'm positive with 100% I want to go into Criminal Justice,hopefully at a federal level. I've been reading books in my school's library on almost anything that deals with law enforcement and criminal justice. I want to help people in this field, and I believe I have the skills (and I do not care how much I get paid).



I've researched quite a bit on Federal Law Enforcement, and it's pretty obvious that they want a bachelor's degree.



Well, I'm trying to figure out what to get a degree in or what path to take specifically, in order to achieve success in this field.



Now, this is one path i've gotte, and it's the best I can come up with, but I don't want to go down any path and not reach my goals.



%26gt;%26gt;Get a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice, with a minor (associate's) in Law OR Accounting/Business OR Psychology OR Spanish OR all of them (if possible).

%26gt;%26gt;Work three or four years afterwards in a law enforcement/criminal investigations career (i.e patrol officer a.k.a police officer) simply to get experience and help my country on the homefront, maybe even get far enough to detective, I do not know.

%26gt;%26gt;Then, apply at some or all of federal law enforcement jobs during my patrol officer/detective career.



I feel like if I apply at all, and whoever takes me first, I have a good chace, because i'm sure there's a waiting period on hiring at those institutions. Plus, i really can't choose, because I know I would enjoy all of them.



So, is this a good path? Or maybe getting a Bachelor's in Law or Accounting and then a minor in Criminal Justice. I would get a double major but I think that would require too much time (and money I do not have).



Also, I don't want to pursue a Master's, because well, I really want to get into the field as soon as I can (and by field, I mean Special Agent).



I love law enforcement, and I know it's not like they show on TV, and that its not all it's cracked up to be, especially when its a career you have to ';want to do'; if you do it, and well, I want to. I want to make a difference, which I think this career does a great job doing.



If anyone can help, please let me know.Can I reach a federal law enforcement job with this path?
No Criminal Justice is for courts, parole, U.S Marshals and prison guards. People who wear uniforms and tell everyone who they are. For the others Forensic Science Criminalistics and crime scene investigators, law school or join the military for federal job path.Can I reach a federal law enforcement job with this path?
No..

No comments:

Post a Comment