Friday, November 19, 2010

FBI Special Agent question.?

I Plan to join the Marine Corps and go into the Intelligence field. After my 4-6 years (haven't decided how long I plan to serve for yet but know that I want to serve) of Active Duty are up I plan to go Reserves while going to college. I want to join the FBI and will be probably qualifying under the Language Entry Program. I was just wondering if I would be able to ';kill 2 birds with 1 stone'; by qualifying under the Critical Skills of Military Experience (To qualify for the Military Critical Skill, a candidate must possess two years of substantial, full-time work experience in the military.) and the Intelligence Experience (To qualify for the Intelligence Critical Skill, a candidate must possess two years of substantial, full-time work experience in an intelligence area. Those areas include foreign counterintelligence, counter-terrorism, and positive intelligence. The two years of experience may include periods of training that concentrates on intelligence.). I will also be qualifying under the Foreign Language Critical Skill.



So would Military Intelligence qualify me for both the Military Experience and Intelligence Experience Critical Skills? (I would like to make myself look as good as possible to get myself the job).FBI Special Agent question.?
Multiple qualifications will make one more employable. You have a better chance by getting a degree first and getting your experience as a commissioned officer. But, I got my degree on the GI Bill after an enlistment, and probably wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. You might want to keep an open mind about other agencies, while pursuing the FBI position. Transferring between agencies is not uncommon.FBI Special Agent question.?
Those are the qualifications. If you can supply double what the requirements are, you will have a better chance at landing the job than other applicants who only have the minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment