Friday, November 19, 2010

Is this a good plan if I want to become an FBI Special Agent?

I plan to get a Bachelor's degree Majoring in Accounting with Minors in Finance and Spanish while working as a full time Police Officer (and hopefully become a Detective or Investigator of some sorts). It should take me between 6-8 years to finish the degree. Once I finish the degree I will get out of Law Enforcement (only for 2 years) to get a job working under a CPA so that I can get certified as a CPA then apply for the FBI. That means that when I go to join the FBI I will be around 31 (Max age limit is 37) and I will qualify under the Accounting Entry Program and get the Accounting Critical Skill along with the Language Proficiency Critical Skill and hopefully Law Enforcement Critical Skill.



That is my plan. Is it good or should I change it (and how should I change it)?



ALSO, do you know if being any type of Investigator or Detective at a local Police Department will qualify me for the Law Enforcement Critical Skill? (The FBI site says: To qualify for the Law Enforcement Critical Skill, a candidate must have at least two years of full-time investigative experience in a law enforcement agency.)Is this a good plan if I want to become an FBI Special Agent?
It sounds like you have a clear concise plan to achieve your goals. Here is a link that will look at your credentials and let you know if you are on the right path, also it will let you know where they will be recruiting so that you may attend and get more direct answers to your questions.

http://www.fbijobs.gov/events/Is this a good plan if I want to become an FBI Special Agent?
You left this 3 minutes ago, and its only 4 down on the list in this same category, why again already?
That's a very well thought out long term plan.
Sounds like an excellent plan; however, you might want to get two years of college or an Associate degree to facilitate getting hired by a PD.
  • school myspace
  • causes for darken toenails
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment