Friday, November 19, 2010

Is it possible get a job with a Federal Agency and be in the Army Reserves as an Officer at the same time?

Would my chances be lower of getting into a Federal Agency (such as the FBI) if I am in the Army Reserves as a Lieutenant and ';fresh'; out of college than doing 5 years in Active Duty as an MP and then applying?



Bottom Line Up Front: Are there FBI Agents (or any other Federal Law Enforcement Agency) that are also 2nd/1st Lieutenants and above in the Army Reserves and how ';common'; is that?



I'm about to contract with ROTC very very soon (in a matter of days) and my major is Criminology. I was greatly considering a Full Active Duty as Military Police, then applying for the FBI when my contract with the Army comes to a close.

However, I can't seem to decide which contract I want with ROTC: Full Active or Reserve.Is it possible get a job with a Federal Agency and be in the Army Reserves as an Officer at the same time?
Federal laws require employers to allow you time for the Army Reserves.



Government agencies give veteran preference points for people in the armed services, so it will actually help you. My department currently has officers in the Army and Marine Reserves, and we had a Navy Reservist who retired a few years back.
  • codes for myspace
  • travel alone with
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment