Friday, November 19, 2010

Did the FBI wrongfully accuse me?

I tried to get a job with the Census Bureau and they sent me a letter saying I have a conviction/arrest. I have never been arrested, but I had gotten in trouble for a theft at age 17. My BF has been convicted and we took the Census test together using the same address. I don't know how they sent me a letter and didn't send him one. Maybe they had our names mixed up, because wouldn't they send him a letter, because he is on probation. I have never been arrested as an adult. I have no felonies or no warrants.





They also said it could have been misinterpreted by a name that is similar to mines, but I have a unique name. I don't understand why they would send me a letter and not my BF when he is the one that has been convicted. I'm worried, because this could mean someone could have used my identity by being arrested. I have also lose 2 ID cards in the same year. So, do you think this INFO they sent me could be a true representation of me even though I haven't been arrested a day in my life? I've only been to juvenile detention at age 16.Did the FBI wrongfully accuse me?
The Census Bureau is not the FBI.



You're 17, you're not an adult.



There's no way of telling whether they have the wrong person or not. If they have your social security # and used it to search on you, there's not going to be much confusion. If they only used your name, then they could have another person.



But since you've raised flags anyway, forget working for them. By the time they figure everything out, they would have hired everybody they needed.Did the FBI wrongfully accuse me?
You haven't been accused of anything. If you have some other question, feel free to ask it.
I am involved with Genealogy. Unique names are extremely rare.



Stolen identities are extremely common.



Bureaucratic screw-ups are the norm.



Go to http://www.pipl.com/ , and type in your name. It's a free search and it will click out false/goofy reports about you if someone else has stolen your identity. You definitely want to get this resolved, or it will follow you around for the rest of your life.



Good luck and hound the government for specifics so you can clear it up.
I Would Look Into This Futher...If You Were Convicted They Should Have Your Fingerprints....Someone Could Have Used Your Lost ID Cards....Check It Out Girl(Smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment