Sunday, November 21, 2010

What can I add to my essay about Malcolm X? PLZ HELP NOW!?

I had to write it in first person.



Here it is:



Hello, my name is Malcolm X. I was born in Omaha Nebraska in 1925. When I was born, my name wasn’t Malcolm X, it was Malcolm Little. I later changed it to Malcolm X because I disagreed with my former slave owner’s actions. It was a mark for my unknown family. When I was six, my father died in a car accident. My mother was left to take care of eight children. Not too long after that, my mother became mentally ill was sent to an insane asylum. My siblings and I were sent to foster homes or to live with other family members. When I was about done with junior-high, I told my teacher that I wanted to be a lawyer when I was older. He said that it was “no realistic goal for a ******” and that I should be a carpenter instead (“Malcolm X”). At the age of fifteen, I dropped out of school. When I was nineteen, I was arrested and convicted of a burglary and was sentenced to prison for eight to ten years. During that time, I decided to educate myself further and I joined the Nation of Islam. I was a Civil Rights militarist. I wanted blacks to do whatever it took to get equal opportunities. My options were separating from whites completely, peace and talking it through, and violence.

Some people might say that I disapproved of integration completely and we should just separate entirely (Davidson). That is true. At first, I disliked the idea of racial equality and integration. How was that supposed to pay off for all those years African Americans were forced to work in fields and be servants for wealthy white families? As I said in one of my speeches, “An integrated cup of coffee isn’t sufficient enough to pay for four-hundred years of slave labor.” By separating, we would have had our own community where whites were nowhere to be found!

My second option was peace. I could have chosen to do what Martin Luther King Jr. did. Peace and talking it over, but I didn’t find that sufficient enough. I didn’t believe that his views on the Civil Rights movement would do us any good. Martin’s father was a preacher and what he preached was a peaceful subject. But talking about it wasn’t going to get us anywhere. As I have said before, I wanted our people to do whatever it took to get racial equality (Jessup).

Moreover, I had an option of violent protests. I encouraged African American citizens to do whatever it takes and that included violence. I wanted equal job opportunities, wages, educational opportunity, basically day-to-day equality. The FBI attended all my speeches because they did not like what I preached about equality (Malcolm X Bio”).

I chose this last option. Looking back on it now, I don’t think I would change my decision. They were violent to us; we’ll be violent to them. Who cares if it was centuries ago? Just because they are white does not make them a better race than us. We are all people and I – nor was any other black I knew – was going to put up with being treated unfairly. Between violence, separating completely, and peace, I decided to choose violence.





it has to be four pages long and so far, i only have 2 pages. What can i add to the three body paragraphs to make it longer? I didn't find much information on him through the internet and i didn't find many books that gave information on him. Please help.What can I add to my essay about Malcolm X? PLZ HELP NOW!?
the most important part, his civil rights activity, is the shortest partWhat can I add to my essay about Malcolm X? PLZ HELP NOW!?
He was black. (it's kinda important you know?)

No comments:

Post a Comment