Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where do i start with looking at colleges and careers??

i am about to be a senior in highschool. i dont really know what i wanna do. im interested in these...cop/FBI agent, or maybe a nurse. but i know there are so many more jobs that im not seeing. but what i really need help with is college. im pretty smart and i play sports so i may be able to get scholarships...but how? and i need financial aid...but how? and should i start looking at colleges now and leave next year ( i wanna go outta state) or should i stay a year and go to a community college?or should i go into the service for a while? i have no idea what to do. if somebody could just give me advice on what is a good choice. or which job is better. anything!! thanksWhere do i start with looking at colleges and careers??
If college is your main concern right now you need to start taking the act/sat. Also for federal and college financial aid to be determined you must have filled out the fafsa (free application for federal student aid). This application is the one that is generally used to apply for federal grants and federal loans such as the stafford loan and pell grant. Also to help with making college choices check out www.collegeboard.com. This websit is great for checking out everything from financial aid to the descriptions of schools in various states. And finally, definately go to see your high school guidance counselor. She may also suggest other options that arent listed here. GoodLucK!!!!Where do i start with looking at colleges and careers??
You seem to have many options on your mind. I cant help you select your path but I can help you by telling you what I have been doing. I am entering my last year of HS as well. The best site I have found for college references and statistics on universities is collegeboard.com (also the site for the SAT AP etc) It really gave me direction and ideas. Oh, and I do hope you have taken the SAT or ACT if not it is essential to take that ASAP.



Once again this is strictly opinion, but I would go to college for either nurse or to be a cop. If these options truely move you that is. In this case you want to start looking at universities that offer these programs. Once you find them visit visit visit. Idealy this summer would have been the time but that is past.



As for scholarships, local ones vary and I could not help you but be sure to check with a school when you visit. And I can tell you that the time to apply is coming upon us quickly. I know at Indiana University I will apply August 1st.



Good luck with the year ahead of you.
  • pink hair
  • wax get facials
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment