Sunday, November 14, 2010

If you have joint custody with your child's father, how easy/hard is it if you want to move out of state?

I am geting pretty serious with my boyfriend and marriage could be coming soon. He might get a job with the FBI and have to move out of state. My daughter's father is a jobless, lazy parent, who presently has to have supervised visits with our daughter. Just to be an a** I am sure he would try to go against me doing this in the courts.

I love my boyfriend and do not want this to be complicated if we got married. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. We live in Wisconsin.If you have joint custody with your child's father, how easy/hard is it if you want to move out of state?
I would defiantly talk to the friend of the court and an attorney. If the father is lazy and is not paying child support, you will have an easier battle getting your way. Just remember you want the best for your child so I would make sure that you are married before you move your child. The worse thing would be you move out some where with your boyfriend and all of a sudden you break up and your child has to deal with all of that. The worse thing I see now a days when someone is divorced and gets into another relationship is that they do it more for themselves rather than doing what is best for the child. Best of luck to you and your son.If you have joint custody with your child's father, how easy/hard is it if you want to move out of state?
I would consult an attorney in that state, but I'm pretty sure that you would have to file the papers and inform the court that you were moving. This may prompt an automatic hearing about where the child is going to be and who is going to pay for traveling to visit the other parent. Yeah...call an attorney, always a good thing to do with custody cases.
You will go to court and will have to prove that what you are doing is in the child's best interest. Dad can put up a fight and may win. But not if you have documented issues. They also might stipulate that you need to provide some means of him being able to see the child.
YOU CANT DO THAT. DON'T DO THAT. TALK TO YOUR WORKER FIRST. DON'T GET IN TROUBLE AND LOSE ALL CUSTODY OF YOUR CHILD FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN CONTROL. GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment