Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is their someone who can help me decide my future?

I'm having major headaches about my future. I don't know what career I want. But with what career I want, other problems come in the way such as what country,city, or environment do I want to live in. What job do I want, and what jobs are offered in that country. Or even what if I want to start a family, how will my job affect my relationship with my kids. You see all my life I've been thinking what I want to be. I'm 18 yrs old know. And I still can't decide. Like I want a job where I still will have my kids. I've decided that in a business career, depending on what level it is, I'm hoping to go to a higher level, that I maybe can take my child along to wherever I'm going. If I did have a business career, I feel as if if learned to play an instrument today, that I can teach my kids. I also wanted to open my own school, that;s why I chose business. For money to open my own school and curriculum. But even if I didn't open my own school, if I chose business, I'd like to live in Japan. If I chose criminology or forensic sciences I want to live in the United States in a big city. But than if I am so involved in investigation, I might get carried away and not have time for a family or if I had one for my kids. As well as its a more dangerous job, cause I wanted to be apart of of the FBI. I also wondered if I should be a dietitian, but that is the most uncertain one. I want a career I enjoy, with an environment I will be happy in, as well as still making my dreams come true, such as making a school, and having a family. I even wanted to adopt some kids. But my options are limited. If I chose something, something else might not come true. If I choose crime investigation, than that might be my life. While if I choose business, it might open my doors more. But I really can't decide. Who do I talk to. Should I talk to my university academic advisers, because I'm deciding to post-pone my education. I'm first year business student, and doing horribly because I don't know what I should focus on.Is their someone who can help me decide my future?
We can not decide for you. It is your life. I suggest you talk to the advisers. Then talk to people in the careers you are seeking. Try volunteer work or job shadowing to a get a realistic view of the job. You can also watch videos online about the careers. You can search forums in google and see what people in the careers are complaining about.



After you get a better idea of the pros and cons of each job make a list of your values, likes, dislikes, etc and see which ones conflict more with your overall plan.Is their someone who can help me decide my future?
i saw this question before and i was too lazy to read all that and i came back and there are 0 answers so i felt bad and read it. i'm 15 so i don't know anything about careers. i don't know what i want to do myself. choose what you enjoy doing and everything will fall into place. remember, if you pick a career you don't have to do it your entire life. people change careers all the time so it's never too late. try talking to a career counselor if your school has one. don't stress on these kinds of things, it's not worth it. just go with the flow. that's how i feel. you're 18, don't worry about kids and being too busy for them. find a career first, if it turns out not to be what you expected, go with the next thing. when you do have kids, if you are too busy for them and working constantly try finding the next career or try altering your working schedule. anyways like i said you are too young to be worrying about kids you're 18 but my only advice is, and this comes from the heart. i stress that you don't leave your kids with nannies or in daycares or leave them alone because my parents work 24/7 and i see them for about 5minutes a day and they don't come home even once on the weekends. when you're growing up as a kid you really need and want your parents. when i was 7-12 i really missed them and it hurt to see kids playing with their parents at the park and i barely saw my own. my sister actually took me aside when i was 7 and i was crying because i missed seeing my dad and he came home once and he just got there and was already getting ready to leave and didn't even take off his shoes and i said daddy where are you going? and he said back to work and i broke into tears and my sister told me to suck it up. that's life, those are the parents i have and i can't do anything about it. eventually i got it. i'm 15 now so i'm use to it and i don't care to see them anyways they nag me too much and annoy me. but yeah it really hurt growing up and i was really lonely without them. i was put into daycare or was watched by older siblings but it's not the same as motherly/fatherly love. good luck to you!! i truly wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment