Friday, November 19, 2010

How to get into the FBI?

I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the FBI's requirements for special agents listed on their website. I know for a fact that you need at least 4 years of college, but then there are fields that you must enter in.



I think that a degree in law would be very valuable considering the nature of the job. So are the other fields, like accounting, but I feel like that could give me a job as a special agent that I don't want. For example, a degree in computer science could lead to a desk job only involving computers and no field work (this isn't fact, just a guess, and I could see how this would be exciting for some, but not for me).



But after I would apply into the law field, I have to have critical skills. All of which seem hard to attain while trying to get into the best college and law school. I would have a language, but French doesn't count, so I plan on taking spanish through college. But that's only 1 critical skill. I can't join the military most likely (because of childhood asthma) so I could possibly go into Law enforcement.



But in the law enforcement critical skill, it says you need at least 2 years of investigative experience. That doesn't include being a standard patrol cop, right? So this would mean spending at least a few years in my police department before even becoming a detective, and then 2 more years of that. And then on top of college and law school, I could already be in my 30's before even being well qualified for the job. So how could the minimum age of 22 even be possible for someone to apply and be accepted.



Is there a less life (not just time, we're talking about a lot of years right here) consuming way to have qualifications that would raise my chances of getting in the FBI?

Can you apply more than once, like once after law school, and then if denied, go through law enforcement and apply again?



Another possible career for me is in the CIA (which is equally as difficult to be accepted), so if i apply for both, does that make my chances with being accepted to either agency lower? I know about the extensive background checks, so they would probably know about my applications to the other agency, and I thought that that might show a lack of loyalty to one of the agencies, is this true?



I also have extensive training in Krav Maga, is there any way to mention this on an application, or would that not even matter?



ThanksHow to get into the FBI?
They prefer to hire people that have degrees in accounting or law.



If you wish to become a special agent you must be a citizen of northern Mariana Island or America and must be 23-37 years of age. Along with a four year degree you must also possess an active driver's license and must be fit enough to go through the background check and physical examination. According to the no tolerance drug policy of FBI you will be tested regularly for the traces of illegitimate substances. Being an FBI agent you will have to be prepared to move across the country for station reassignment. If you are interested in working in other capacity with FBI then you should check the FBI website for individual recruitment requirements.



It is not necessary to hold a law enforcement experience to get into FBI. Getting into FBI is highly competitive and demands great skill and excellence. You can consider getting in touch with the FBI recruitment representative in your locality to gather requisite information for the FBI agent requirements. The criteria and standard of selection can change unexpectedly due to the change in the political climate. The FBI has a list of essentially required skill set, and if you are able to get your name on the list then you can enhance the chances of your employment with the FBI.How to get into the FBI?
I don't think either the FBI or CIA are interested in people who have to resort to Yahoo Answers for information.
They could care les about carv maga, or whatever you call it. In fact, based on what you have written, I would suggest that you research another career path. I have been in LE for almost 40 years, if you can't figure out the job requirements, and you resort to Yahoo Answers for a solution,you are not cop material.

No comments:

Post a Comment