Sunday, November 21, 2010

Career in the FBI with a J.D.? What can I do?

Hi, I keep researching but I cannot find a definitive answer. I plan to attend law school and graduate with a J.D., but am also interested in a career with the FBI. Assuming I qualify, how exactly do the programs work? Do you pay to attend the FBI academy or do they pay you? Cause I'm getting some strange answers. Also, what positions are available for people with law degrees? Can someone explain to me how this process works? How much longer would I have to go to school for? And what job opportunities are available? Someone please help, I am so confused.Career in the FBI with a J.D.? What can I do?
Check the site fbi.gov



requirments: BA/BS degree in any major

3 years professional expiereceCareer in the FBI with a J.D.? What can I do?
No, you don't pay to attend the Academy. (Kind of a strange question!)



With a JD you can do whatever they decide you're qualified to do. Remember, at one time only JDs could become agents.



Call up the FBI's human resources department, tell them what you want, and ask to speak to a recruiter. A recruiter will have ALL the answers.



Good luck!
Well, in the past ALL Special Agents had to have a Law Degree. I don't know the qualifications are now, but let me suggest you contact the FBI and find out what is required. I'd probably suggest you go to www.fbi.gov and if that doesnt work, Google or Yahoo FBI. All you are asking for and gotten seems to be hear-say. Good luck
You don't need a JD to become an agent. You just need to have a BA/BS, Master's and a stellar job history. You also need to be in tip top shape and pass their entrance test and poly/psych tests.



Well you could be on the prosecution side of things too. Becoming a DA or AUSA would be interesting. Winning cases for states, cities and the government would be rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment