Sunday, November 14, 2010

How would I go about getting a job with the FBI?

when I'm older of course, I'm just curious.

I would probably work towards becomming either a special agent or working on the hostage rescue team, although I would prefer to be a special agent. I have already checked out the website but I would like to know more.



could I ever start a family %26amp; actually be there for them? How long is the training process? Is it alot of field work or is it mostly desk work? Is it interesting %26amp; exciting? Would I have to have prior work with Law Enforcement? Would I need a special degree?



thank you in advance.How would I go about getting a job with the FBI?
You'll need to get your undergraduate BA in something like criminology, psychology, etc.



To be an HRT, you'll more than likely have to be in the military. Most of them come out of the Seals or the Deltas. To be a special agent you can come from the military or get your start in law enforcement.



It is a tough life, and the pay is pretty abysmal. Most retired FBI agents have to get a retirement job as security consultant or private investigator.



You don't have to live in DC as there are field offices all over the country, but you'll have to be willing to move offices for promotions which can be difficult on a family.How would I go about getting a job with the FBI?
i think you'd have to move to Washington, DC
Being a FBI member takes a lot of time and hard work. You'll really need to step up because you'll sacrifice a lot such as having fun with your friends, family, etc. You'll basically sacrifice your social life.
I had a college roommate who was thinking of joining the FBI. He said a college degree and some law enforcement experience is a good start. He also said you have to be in their application system by age 30 or 31 in order to be able to be hired. I'm not sure on what the job entails, but I'm sure it is a lot of long and odd hours, but I think you can still have a family and be there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment